- 1. What is Rystora® Scar Sheet?
- Silicone gel sheeting is a clinically proven, safe, effective and reusable treatment for scars. It is the most accepted treatment for old and new hypertrophic scars1 .Rystora® Scar Sheet is a self-adhesive silicone gel sheet with an approved patented micro-pore technology in Taiwan,Europe and Canada, and pending in various other countries .It is intended for use in the management and reduction of hypertrophic and keloid scars as well as on new scars. Rystora® Scar Sheet enhances skin rejuvenation following recent surgery, scalds, burns or minor skin injuries,as well as effectively reducing the size, hardness,itchiness and discoloration of old scars.
- 2. What are the differences between Rystora® Scar Sheet and the others?
- Rystora® Scar Sheet has a unique “micro-pore technology” that locks moisture into the skin surrounding the scar,making skin softer and promoting quicker restoration1.
- Made with 100% medical grade silicone, Rystora® Scar Sheet is self-adherent and is suitable for applying directly to the skin as a stand-alone treatment or in combination with other treatments.
- 3. Who uses Rystora® Scar Sheet?
- Rystora® Scar Sheet is bio-compatible and is intended for use on most types of skin scar, including keloids from a BCG vaccine, C-Section scars (caesarean section scars),any scars caused by surgery, abrasion and minor skin injuries on the face.
- 4. 10 reasons for choosing Rystora® Scar Sheet:
- QUICK RESULTS: Silicone scar sheets usually produce visible results within the first 8 weeks of use.
- SUITABLE FOR MOST SKIN TYPES AND VARIOUS AREAS OF THE BODY: Rystora® Scar Sheet is elastic and can be used on most skin types and various areas of the body, including joints.
- SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN, THE ELDERLY, AND PATIENTS WITH SENSITIVE SKIN: Rystora® Scar Sheet contains a specialized silicone gel that may be used by everyone.
- DISCREET: Rystora® Scar Sheet is soft, thin and transparent and in harmony with the natural color of the skin,making it almost invisible to the eye.
- 100% MEDICAL GRADE SILICONE: Made with 100% medical grade silicone, Rystora® Scar Sheet is odorless andtasteless, does not support bacteria growth, and does not stain or corrode skin or other materials.
- MINIMIZES SKIN IRRITATION: Rystora® Scar Sheet is thin, flexible and breathable, mimicking the natural properties of the skin.
- EASY TO APPLY: Rystora® Scar Sheet is simple and easy to apply, and virtually painless to remove.
- ELASTIC : The elasticity of silicone makes Rystora® Scar Sheet flexible and easy to apply to joints like the elbow and knee.
- KEEPS SKIN MOISTURIZED: Rystora® Scar Sheet locks moisture into the skin surrounding the scar, making skin softer and promoting quicker restoration.
- REUSABLE: Rystora® Scar Sheet is washable and can be reused for at least 7 days, making it more cost effective than other silicone-based scar reduction products.
- 5.How to use Rystora® Scar Sheet?
- Ensure that the skin is clean, dry, and free of ointment or cream before applying.
- To minimize possible irritation, apply the scar sheet gradually. For the first two days, apply the sheet for 4 hours per day. Increase the duration to 6 hours on the third day,8 hours on the fourth day, 10 hours on the fifth day, and 12 hours on the sixth day.
- For best results, Rystora® Scar Sheet should be applied consecutively for a minimum of 12 hours per day and for at least 8 weeks.
- Massage the scar gently. This will help to flatten the scar tissue.
- Rystora® Scar Sheet is reusable and can be used for at least 7 days if washed properly and dried daily.
- Wash the Rystora® Scar Sheet gently in mild soapy water; air-dry upon product’s foil bag with the adhesive side up.
- Rystora® Scar Sheets can be cut to fit smaller scars or combined to cover larger scars.
- 6.What are the characteristics of the silicone Sheet?
- Rystora® Scar Sheets are thin, flexible and breathable, odorless, tasteless and non-toxic.
- 7.How scars are formed?
- Scar formation is a natural part of the healing process after injury. A scar forms when excess amounts of fibroblasts and collagen are deposited in the wound as the body attempts to repair damaged tissue. Many scars eventually fade, however if the collagen fibres deposited in the skin by the fibroblasts are excessive, hypertrophic scars or keloids may occur.
- 8.How Rystora® Scar Sheet minimizes scars?
- Rystora® Scar Sheet creates pressure on the scar to prevent the growth of hypertrophic scars.
- Hydrophobic characteristic of the silicone material can reduce vaporizing and maintain proper humidity.
- Low adhesion of the silicone adhesive layer can prevent harm to the skin by accidental pulling force on the sheets.
- For new scars, silicone gel sheet acts by creating an occluded environment that reduces fibroblast-induced collagen deposition.1, 2
- For old scars, silicone gel sheet acts by creating a hydrated environment that decreases capillary activity, thereby decreasing scar hyperemia and minimizing fibroblast production of collagen and promoting scar softening and flattening.1, 2
- 9.When can I start to use Rystora® Scar Sheet?
- Rystora® Scar Sheet can be applied to newly healed skin, or aged scar.
- 10.Are there any side effects of using Rystora® Scar Sheet?
- In general, there is no side effects of using Rystora® Scar Sheet. On rare occasions, patients who are allergic to silicone are not recommended to use Rystora® Scar Sheet to prevent possible allergic reaction.
- 11.Precautions for the use of Rystora® Scar Sheet?
- Do not use on open wounds or unhealed skin.
- If a rash or irritation develops, immediately remove the Rystora® Scar Sheet and consult a doctor or pharmacist.
- Keep out of reach of children under 3 years of age to prevent any risk of choking.
- This product is not sterile and does not contain antibiotics.
- Do not use Rystora® Scar Sheet when dermatosis (skin disease) exists.
- 12.Who developed and manufactured the Rystora® Scar Sheet?
- Rystora® Scar Sheet was designed and developed by the R&D team of Fortune Medical Instrument Corporation. The company has been producing silicone-related products for more than 40 years, and is ISO 13485 certified, and meets CE mark and Taiwanese cGMP standards. Fortune Medical Instrument Corporation distributes its medical products worldwide including US, EU, Asia, Africa and Middle East. Rystora®is a registered trademark of Fortune Medical in the US and other countries .
Zurada AB, Kriegel D, Davis I. Topical Treatments for Hypertrophic Scars. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2006 Dec;55(6):1024-312 Newfoundland and Labrador Skin and
Wound Care Manual.
Retrieved from http://westernhealth.nl.ca/uploads/PDFs/wound%20care%20manual%20for%20dianne%20clements%20final.pdf
Newfoundland and Labrador Skin and Wound Care Manual.